[CentOS] Backup server

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 15:04:28 UTC 2010

----- Original Message ----

One thing that made me not use BackupPC was that (from the doc):
"The advantage of the mod_perl setup is that no setuid script is needed,
and there is a huge performance advantage....  The
typical speedup is around 15 times.
 To use mod_perl you need to run Apache as user __BACKUPPCUSER__.
If you need to run multiple Apache's for different services then
you need to create multiple top-level Apache directories, each
with their own config file.  You can make copies of /etc/init.d/httpd
and use the -d option to httpd to point each http to a different
top-level directory.  Or you can use the -f option to explicitly
point to the config file.  Multiple Apache's will run on different
Ports (eg: 80 is standard, 8080 is a typical alternative port accessed
via http://yourhost.com:8080)."

Since I don't have a dedicated backup server, I did not want to mess up the existing apache configurations...

JD