[CentOS] kickstart config file for LiveCD

ken

gebser at mousecar.com
Wed Jan 13 20:32:29 UTC 2010

Going through the steps for putting a LiveCD on a USB stick, I'm reading
the docs and one is a bit ambiguous on one point:

<https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/wiki/GetToolset> says: "The
LiveCD creation process requires a kickstart configuration file."  But
two lines above that, is says the kickstart config file is optional.
I've created a couple LiveCDs in the past (never on a USB stick though)
and never needed a kickstart configuration file.

Also, the same doc points to two different ones without explaining much
about each.  Perhaps here I should mention that my ultimate goal here is
to take the USB stick into a computer store, boot up various laptops
with it to see which ones have Linux-compatible hardware.

So there's two issues here really-- at least.  Any help, clarification,
explanation would be much appreciated.

--
Without music, life would be a mistake.
	--Friedrich Nietzsche