[CentOS] Backup server

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Wed Jan 13 20:50:56 UTC 2010

Jussi Hirvi wrote:
> I think nobody has yet mentioned rdiff-backup. I have very good
> experiences with it. Easy to setup and control (only remember first to
> install the required packages, and I think rsync-devel was not mentioned
> but is required).

What did you run into that requires rsync-devel?  I've been running
rdiff-backup quite happily for about 6 months without having rsync-devel
installed either on the server or any of the clients (CentOS 5 server;
mix of CentOS 5 and Fedora 12 clients).

rsync-2.6.8-3.1.i386.rpm
rdiff-backup-1.2.8-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm  (from rpmforge)

                 Do NOT delete it.