[CentOS] unison versus rsync

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Thu Jan 14 01:34:28 UTC 2010

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> Looks like rf has 3.0.7, thanks for that tip. Frankly, I abhor the thought
> of even using rsync for this, it's over a vpn so there is absolutely no need
> for encryption but I don't know another tool that can transfer diffs only?

Check out HPN-SSH, I use it extensively to transfer files over
ssh, it provides a null cipher which you can use to disable
encryption of data, while still maintaining encryption of
authentication credentials.

http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/

I transfer over a terrabyte of data a day using rsync+hpnssh.

nate