[CentOS] Backup server

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Thu Jan 14 08:49:50 UTC 2010

I know, but in linux it's still a lot better than Windows, which I today
regret I ever introduced it in... Don't get me wrong, reliability is fine, but
the recheck on every restart is kinda' bothersome and takes like forever

Today I have five 500GB-disks raided on linux machine. Remove one for parity
and I have 2TB of real space available. Doing a 0+1, ie 1TB, would indeed be
better as performance goes, but 1TB of space, well, it just isn't enough
unfortunately.

As it is now, the 2TB shebang is mounted as /backup. Does that count as a
single filesystem?
--
/Sorin