[CentOS] Backup server

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Fri Jan 15 14:40:59 UTC 2010

Behalf
>Of Les Mikesell
>Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:42 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Backup server
>
>The other question to ask is whether an offsite copy is needed.  After a
fire or
>other site disaster some businesses might collect the insurance money and
>disappear - others might want to be able to rebuild and continue.
Government
>operations would probably need to continue and need a plan for that.

Nah, no need for that. We have the client machines in one end of the house
and server room, where the backup server will reside eventually, in another.
They are like five stories and about 200m as the bird flies, apart. I think
we're covered enough.

Had some initial problems with the "four bytes read"-error, but some more
reading about ssh-rsa in the howto seem to have solved the problem.

--
/Sorin