[CentOS] OT: free DNS service?

Sun Jan 17 15:42:44 UTC 2010

> I have been using a free DNS service for the past seven (7) years.
> This morning, at 4 A.M., ,  I changed the "A" record for one of my web
> sites,  to point to an IP address on a different server, so I could
> test. After watching the TTL count down from 3600 to zero, with the
> "dig" command,  it then reset to 3600, but still resolved to the
> original IP address.  :-)   I set the "A" record back to the original
> IP address and  filed a Support Ticket with that company,

William and Jeff: Thank you for your replies and the information you
gave me!    I am hoping the current DNS service will resolve this
issue, but, if not, then I will need to change to another DNS service,
so I want to have a "Plan B".
Looking at the web site of zoneedit it looks pretty serious, so going
to zoneedit may be "Plan B".  "Plan A", staying with the current DNS
service is the best for me, if they resolve the issue.