[CentOS] iptables default configuration

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Jan 19 13:31:19 UTC 2010

Carlos Santana wrote on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:54:51 -0600:

> - The wiki page approach is to flush existing rules and then add
> required rules to iptables. Is it possible to add/append required
> rules without flushing existing set of rules

You can add rules on-the-fly at runtime and then use service iptables save
to save them. This will be automatically loaded on a service iptables
start. But it's harder to maintain as a script of your own. I prefer to
write a script, run it (which includes flushing etc.) and when it's ok I
save that result.

Kai