[CentOS] error rsyncing large file

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 20:26:01 UTC 2010

On 1/20/2010 2:05 PM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> I don't understand why the diff shenanigans.  Rsync has that built-in,
>> so you shouldn't need to be doing that as a separate step.
>
> I am using cwrsync (3.0.6) and its failing no matter what switches I try.
>
>> If it is a file size limit, you could try to split(1) the file, then
>> rsync the chunks.  You might also try cygwin 1.7, which has improved
>> the support for modern Windows OS dramatically.
>
> Looking into cygwin now, I didn't think it will make any difference, cwrsync
> is fairly recent.

People have reported different results with different builds on the
backuppc list but I don't remember the versions.  How is this failing?
There is still a maximum path limit.  Also, how are you using it?
Running under cygwin sshd has had problems that might also be fixed in
the latest versions, although it has always worked to issue the command
from the windows side or to run rsync in daemon mode.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com