[CentOS] Postfix 2.6.5 in CentOSplus?

Serg Smirnoff sergey.a.smirnov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:58:42 UTC 2010

Greetings,

there is a good team in Russia (http://centos.alt.ru) which is engaged in
building a lots of rpm's (such like as postfix, httpd, nginx and other..).

You can surf the link below and will find a working repo which you can add
to your yum configuration.

http://centos.alt.ru/repository/centos/

Cheers.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Dirk H. Schulz
<dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de>wrote:

> Joseph L. Casale schrieb:
> >> according to several findings on the web I tried to find postfix-2.6.5
> >>

> > If you actually need a feature in 2.6.5, Simon Mudd has been releasing
> them
> > officially for postfix for ages...
> >
> > http://www.postfix.org/packages.html Which leads to ->
> >
> > http://ftp.wl0.org/official/2.6/RPMS-rhel5-x86_64/
> >
> Afaik they are 64bit packages, and besides that he adds mysql support
> and patches I do not know (and hopefully not need).
>
> I tried using the spec file from the regular CentOS postfix src.rpm to
> rpmbuild 2.6.5 with it (I just changed version numbering in the spec).
> That did not work, applying some patches failed. Has anybody tried that
> successfully before?
>
> I do not want to end up compiling manually on a production machine, but
> I am not deep enough into rpmbuilding to tweak my own spec file.
>
> Dirk

Serg Smirnov
email/xmpp: Sergey.A.Smirnov at Gmail.com