[CentOS] Browser related question

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 06:52:30 UTC 2010

Greetings,

Thanks for the reply.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Depending on the nature of the content and the number of users, running a squid
> with caching enabled can be a resource win - and it will give you the log you
> want as long as the browser(s) are configured to use it.

IOW, Two programs Firefox and squid proxy running every such box :
Centos Desktops running in GUI mode.

Will 512MB RAM be sufficient to what you are suggesting?

I have over 300 such desktops distributed across the geographical
having a unpredictable connectivity and each one of them just use one
browser based on-line application and some cron scripts for monitoring
and logging simple details.

Changing the h/w configuration is nearly impossible now..

or is there another lightweight solution?

Thanks again Les,

Regards

Rajagopal