[CentOS] Skype and problem with ALSA mixer driver?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 31 17:20:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 11:44 +0000, Andrew wrote:
> But this is disappointing because I want my PC to be completely
> functional and skype is part of that requirement - so I suppose I'm
> going to have to look around for an alternative to CentOS (5.3).

My wife uses Skype on Centos 5 (currently 5.4) regularly.

She has a Microsoft Lifechat (USB) headphone/microphone that she uses
for that purpose.  If her computer is booted up with the headphone
plugged in, then it doesn't work properly.  But if the headphone is
unplugged when the computer is booted and plugged in afterward,
everything is fine.