[CentOS] xulrunner-devel dependencies

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Jul 1 15:08:44 UTC 2010

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/07/2010 15:50, Bowie Bailey wrote:
>
>> Since I don't need it (AFAIK), I just removed the package and that
>> solved (or at least worked around) the problem.  But it still doesn't
>> make sense.  A new version of a package sometimes has a few new
>> dependencies, but 43 is a bit much.
>>

> how many of the 43 were cross-architecture ?

None, they are all devel packages.  Actually, now that I take a closer
look, the main dependencies are:

freetype-devel
startup-notification-devel
pango-devel
libgnome-devel
libXt-devel
gtk2-devel
libjpeg-devel
libgnomeui-devel
libIDL-devel
libXrender-devel
gnome-vfs2-devel
alsa-lib-devel
libnotify-devel

Then these start pulling in their own dependencies and I wind up with a
list of 43 new packages being installed for dependencies.  I just find
this really strange since none of these were required for the previous
version.

--
Bowie