[CentOS] NIC config documentation?

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 16:20:10 UTC 2010

Does anyone have a favorite howto or other succinct document that that
describes how to set up networking on a multi-nic host when you don't
know ahead of time which nic is which?   I usually muddle through it by
plugging in one wire at a time, using mii-tool to see which link is up,
then ifconfig on that interface to get the HWaddr to put in the
corresponding /etc/sysconfig/network-scipts/ifcfg-eth? file.  But now I
need to train some other people how to do it and it seems like there
should be a better way.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com