[CentOS] Networking just stopped working

Christopher Chan

christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Jul 6 04:51:36 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have a box with a quad port Netxen NIC running Centos 5. All four
interfaces are slaves of bond0 and bond0 is used by two vlan interfaces.

All was working just fine until just recently when everything just
stopped working. ethtool reports all the individual interfaces are just
fine. The switch is not complaining either. But I cannot ping anywhere
not can others 'see' the box. Any ideas?

I have turned off iptables, rebooted the switches but still the thing
won't work.

Christopher