[CentOS] DNS or firewall problem

cliff here c4ifford at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:47:45 UTC 2010

Well if you want the kernel to route IPV4 traffic, then yes it has to be 1

On 7/6/10, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> cliff here wrote:
>
>>> net.ipv4.conf.ip_forward = 0  ??
>>>
>>> change to = 1 ??
>
>> yea that needs to be a 1
>
> That cannot be mandatory,
> as I have a 0 there and do not have the OP's problem.
>
> As I mentioned, the default in shorewall is that
> loc to $FW, ie connection from machines on the local LAN to server,
> is set to REJECT.
> Maybe that is the default in the iptables setting too?
>

> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to its intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this message and
all its attachments.