[CentOS] Logwatch with Postfix and Amavisd-new

John Hinton

webmaster at ew3d.com
Tue Jul 6 20:31:07 UTC 2010

I'm trying to get usable reports out of logwatch on this new system.
Looks like the reports are running in an 'unformatted' mode under
Postfix/Amavisd.

I found a couple of programs, postfix-logwatch and amavisd-logwatch.
These sound promising. I am running Amavisd as the frontend to Postfix.

Is anybody running either of these as a logwatch filter?

If so, is it repetitive to run both, or should I consider only one of
above and which would provide the best results?

And, are these in any of the CentOS repositories?  Couldn't find them in
Dag's.

Thanks!

John Hinton