[CentOS] Some Mirrors missing 5.5 directory

Camron W. Fox

cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 8 18:05:11 UTC 2010

Alle,

	I've noticed recently that during my nightly mrepo runs, I get failures
like this:

mirror: Access failed: 404 Not Found (/centos/5.5/updates/i386/RPMS)
mrepo: Mirroring failed for
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.5/updates/i386/RPMS/ with message:
  Failed with return code: 256

	When I checked http://mirror.centos.org/centos, I noticed some mirrors
have 5.5 directories and some do not, so depending on which mirror is
selected during the run, sometimes I get updates and sometimes I do not.
	I've only seen this with 5.5, never before. Did I miss something
somewhere? I *would* just use release 5 in our mrepo conf files if I
didn't need to mount CentOS-$release-$arch-bin-DVD-?of2.iso. I suppose I
could hard code the $release in this line, but it just seems sloppy.

Best Regards,
Camron

--
Camron W. Fox