[CentOS] OT: ?? Centos Still Broken, Red Hat won't fix ??

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Fri Jul 9 16:51:07 UTC 2010

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 at 8:32am, Seth Bardash wrote

> My intent was to inform and hear from people that had similar issues and
> to learn what they might have done to work around them. Not to cause a
> debate on business practices, criticize Red Hat or inflame the  Centos
> community.

I appreciate your clarification.  I think what got folks up in arms was an
impression from your original email (from, e.g., the all caps bits and
implications of them having gotten too big) that you were indeed
criticizing RH.

And I'd still be interested (as in, genuinely curious, not skeptical) to
hear what sorts of applications benefit from optimized kernels (HPC?  I/O
intense?) and what kind of performance increases one can get.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin