[CentOS] OpenOffice.org 3.1 installation was corrupted-installed again, nothing in Applications/Office menu

Sat Jul 10 11:20:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
<Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr> wrote:
> [...]
<snip>
> you should ba able to list all installed rpms from OO.org with this command:
> rpm -qa | grep -P 'openoffice|ooobasis'
>
> you then want to feed these packages to 'rpm -e' ("erase", ie uninstall).

Nicolas: Three questions:

Question #1: Do I have the correct CentOS version of OpenOffice
installed now and are there any other OpenOffice packages I need to
install with yum?

Question #2: What yum command can I use, to install everything in the
OpenOffice "Group", such as writer, calc, and many other packages?

Question #3:  What yum command should I use (the one below obviously
is not correct) to install the Applications/Office menus? (If I can do
that, I suspect this will work properly again)

I had removed (with yum) openoffice.org3.1-redhat-menus-noarch
0:3.1-9393 because I got a long list of Transaction Errors Thursday
night, when trying to install OpenOffice with yum and that's probably
why there's nothing in Applications/Office for the OpenOffice.org
Applications now.

Thank you, again, for your time and help. Much appreciated! Lanny

[root at dell2400 ~]# yum install openoffice.org-core
<snip>
Setting up Install Process
Package 1:openoffice.org-core-3.1.1-19.5.el5_5.1.i386 already
installed and latest version
Nothing to do

[root at dell2400 ~]# yum install openoffice.org3.1-redhat-menus
<snip>
No package openoffice.org3.1-redhat-menus available.
Nothing to do