[CentOS] Correct permissions for uploading files

Todd Cary

todd at aristesoftware.com
Mon Jul 12 02:10:54 UTC 2010

I am trying to implement PHP upload functionality for an application.
When I attempt an upload in my test environment, I get the following error:

An error has occurred: receiving directory insufficient permission...
The upload form is reloading

The destination file being moved by move_uploaded_file is

/home/httpd//test/upload/uploads/1278898550-_DSC1159.jpg

The initial file name is suppose to be

/tmp/phpR1lmmc

I am not sure what to set for Owner and Group for the "uploads"
directory nor the permissions (it is now set to 775).

Many thanks for some guidance for this matter...

Todd

--
Ariste Software
Petaluma, CA 94952