[CentOS] Project Management Solutions

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 21:03:23 UTC 2010

On 7/12/2010 3:37 PM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I need to implement a solution and not having ever used anything but
> MS Project I would be grateful for a reco on something good. The only
> hope would be that its web based but I am open to anything!

It depends on what you are really trying to do.  If you want to do
timelines and Gantt charts for management views, planner is probably
good, but if you want more low-level, direct access to something like
software coding you'd want to glue together a version control system and
bug/feature tracker combination like subversion and trac or git and
redmine where you can control both the project itself, the discussion
directing its changes/development, and follow the status of completion.

--
     Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com