[CentOS] Xen cpu requirements

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Wed Jul 14 20:10:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, July 14, 2010 14:57, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
>>> That's the entry. But reports are some systems need to be
>>> fully powered off for the entry to be effectively changed -
>>> some BIOSes evidently are flakey about it.
>>
>> Now *there's* something I wouldn't have thought of trying on my own.
>>
>> Okay, I can get physical access to the system, and probably even pull
>> its
>> plugs (I'm not really used to dealing with the complex cabling mess at
>> the
>> back; I'm mostly a software developer with some sysadmin duties for the
>> small number of Linux boxes in this Windows shop).
>
> Another thing a part time sysadmin might not consider is
> applying BIOS updates, if any, for that chassis, and as
> applicable sub-components.  Dell is quite good about issuing
> these, while a unit remains in production, and sometimes
> continues to issue them while it remains in support,
> particularly for the PowerEdge series

This is a brand-new R310, received from Dell and installed this week.
Which doesn't mean it's for sure at the latest BIOS level of course.

Looks like I may have to pursue that, because powering it down for 5
minutes by my watch didn't help.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info