[CentOS] LDAP / NSCD shadow caching problem

Brian Marshall neorosbob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 17:26:40 UTC 2010

Then am I misinterpreting the fact that getent shadow returns data on ldap users when ldap is up but not when it's down? I guess I don't understand where that shadow data comes from when LDAP is up.

I just did some brief testing on installing sssd and there's a ton of fedora packages I'll need to pull. Is anyone aware of any successful attempts in using sssd on CentOS 5?