[CentOS] Finding DHCP IP of guest system

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 05:55:48 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 00:21 -0500, Jay Leafey wrote:
> JohnS wrote:
> > Awsome but a Day Late and a Dollar Short && Care to share that shell
> > script please.
>
> OK, but I warned you, it's a kludge.

Well it's a lil better then nothing at all right?

> The code makes a LOT of assumptions that may only be valid in my home
> network, but perhaps the ideas will be useful.  I have considered
> rewriting this in Perl, but it works and I really need the time for
> other projects.

It's the ideas that I like to see and the methodology behind it.  I have
to admit I liked the idea of the /etc/eth file for MAC to Hostname
translation.

> > && Why you scrub the MACS?
>
> Sheer paranoia and long-standing habit.

Elaborate, you that paranoid?  Over paranoid gets you faster than
scrubing MACs.  I would worry about, does my router have holes in it?
Plus let your MAC fly on the wireless network.  I let my neighbor
connect to mine, they can't afford the internet.  One caveat, all they
have is net access.

John