[CentOS] Desktop Supercomputer

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 03:52:54 UTC 2010

Greetings,

On 7/18/10, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
>> On 7/17/10, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Les,

> Or did you mean that CentOS should have an equivalent to match the Ubuntu
> configuration?

Exactly. and I poised to do that as Centos x86_64 was attached thanks
to this month's Linux for You magazine's usual attachment CD/DVD.

>   You probably could, but it would be a lot more work.

Of course, and I am willing to share my work with this list along with
whatever income that incurr with it.

(Moderator: Kindly hange the subject line restrict my posting rights
if I have erred)

> Distributed (super) computing normally involves techniques that break the work
> up into independent units.  If a node doesn't complete a unit it can be given to
> a different node.

I know that.

> Storage, on the other hand, needs to be reliable.  The hadoop project is an
> approach at distribution, but the interface is hard to deal with.

Indeed and of course.

Regards,

Rajagopal