[CentOS] RDAC for IBM DS4700

Wahyu Darmawan

wahyu.darmawan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 03:13:30 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have problem with my servers. I use two of HP Blade Servers and RHEL 4.6
installed on them, and have IBM DS4700 connected to them.

In those servers are running RHCS (Red Hat Cluster Suite) with GFS for
handling Oracle Database.

Yesterday, I had missing one partition from the storage, suddenly. I called
IBM and they suggested to use RDAC.

The question is, Why should use IBM RDAC for multipath on RHEL 4, and why HP
Blade + HP EVA Storage don't use any addition plugins software to keep
server + storage connection?

I appreciate for some reasons by all of you.

Thank you.

Regards,

Wahyu