[CentOS] boot process glitch due to missing 2nd disk

Dave

tdbtdb+centos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 18:56:16 UTC 2010

I just installed centos on a Dell that used to have 2 internal disks, but I
removed one just before the install. Now when I boot it, it stops and
outputs a message complaining about the missing disk and I have to hit F1 to
get it to continue booting.

Is there some bios setting that is causing this? Obviously, I'd like it to
just forget about the missing disk and go ahead and boot with just one, the
one that was present when I installed the OS. I want to RTFM, but I'm not
really certain where to start, it's outside my comfort zone.

mahalo,
Dave