[CentOS] boot process glitch due to missing 2nd disk

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 04:40:12 UTC 2010

> Well, they would not even let you pay for it and overnight it to you
> then send the old one back for another drive so you could break even?  It's
> an utmost priority if you have all common hardware to keep replacement disks
> on site no matter who you work for or company.

Which is why you'll always find spares of the most commonly used
drives & components on the shelf in my tech room at work. SCSI, SATA &
even IDE. All ready to be pulled, "in the event." Master images (w/ 2
spare's pre-imaged) are kept for certain plant PC's where downtime can
run in the tens of thousands of $$$, per day, when we're down.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie