[CentOS] how to install centos on the attached external usb hard disk?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 06:47:26 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Step 1: Configure virtualbox to see the drive you want.
> Step 2:
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.5/html/Installation_Guide/index.html
>

> Hadi, as much as I enjoy this community, learning from it,
> contributing to it, etc... I can't help but feel that you're simply
> abusing it to avoid doing your own work. I cannot recall a single
> question you've asked which has shown that you've put any effort at
> all into helping yourself. Please at least attempt to figure things
> out for yourself first.
>

> --
> During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
> act.
> George Orwell

I tried to do it as the following :
#dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/sda
But it was not successful. The primary disk is 150GB and the external usb
disk is 20GB. As I check with the 'df -m' , with respect to the used space ,
the 20GB capacity seems to be sufficient. Can you please let me know how to
modify my command to have the os installed on the primary disk to be cloned
to the external usb disk ?