[CentOS] mod_whatkilledus on Centos 5

Benjamin Franz jfranz at freerun.com
Wed Jul 28 16:51:52 UTC 2010

On 07/28/2010 07:43 AM, Steve Campbell wrote:
> I'm getting those generic segmentation faults on a Centos 5 htpd
> 2.2.3-11 webserver. So far, I've not been able to track down what might
> be close to causing this. I've read about mod_whatkilledus, but don't
> know if I can install this in any way on my server or if it's still even
> valid.
>
> Has anyone used this? How was it installed, if so? I don't really want
> to start messing with configuring httpd, so I'd like to keep this simple
> and RPM-based if at all possible.

If your Apache doesn't have any non-stock modules installed, I would
look for a hardware fault first. Start with memtest86+. If you *do* have
non-stock modules installed - look at them. I've run Apache for more
than a decade and seg faults are very rare unless you have flaky
hardware or are using unsupported modules.

--
Benjamin Franz