[CentOS] [CORRECTED] Postfix SMTP authentication on remote relay serve

Rudi Ahlers

Rudi at SoftDux.com
Fri Jul 30 12:22:40 UTC 2010

Sorry about the previous post, I see the subject had a typo. So here's
the correct one :)

Does anyone know how to configure Postfix to use SMTP authentication
on a relay host?

i.e. I have a Linux server, running PostFix on an ADSL line with a
dynamic IP. Thus I can't just send out emails from this server but
need to relay it via our ISP's SMTP server, which is very unreliable.
Now I want to relay the email via another SMTP, running cPanel server
where a user account with the same domain has already been setup, but
I got no idea how to get it to work on SMTP authenticiaion.

Any suggestions?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers