[CentOS] hplip under CentOS-5.5

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jul 30 12:27:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 01:20:58PM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> > Wow, that's pretty old.  I think rpmforge has newer, but regardless, I
> > wound up installing from source.  The hplip page for CentOS is a bit off
> > (dated, I imagine), I have my own page on it here.  (I should add that
> > it works quite well for me, version 3.9.8 or so.  Haven't checked for
> > updates since then, as this does all I need.
> >
> > http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/hplip.html
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks fot hat document. I modified my hplip package based on that
> document and am building a 3.10.6 update package as we speak.
>
> I noticed that --enable-dbus-build is set, but I think it might be better
> to disable it. Now people get the following error due to dbus
> incompatiblities:

Hi Dag,

I'm going to add mention of that--and also mention the rpmforge rpm--it
won't be till tonight (EDT, GMT -0500).  I'll just put that Dag Wieers
of rpmforge fame has commented that.... <blah blah>.  (I'll also preface
the article with a mention of the rpmforge rpm.)

Thanks.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: I did a couple of slayers in my time. I don't like to
brag. Who am I kidding? I love to brag. One time, during the
Boxer Rebellion...