[CentOS] OT: SysAdmin Stories

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 19:22:22 UTC 2010

All nighters are bad news, mistakes are easily made at these times as
we have all learnt the hard way ;)

 *cough* erased the backups and spent the night re-backing up data so
nothing actually got done *cough*

I do remember spending a few days putting together some systems check
for my self and my colleague to use such as daily, weekly and monthly
systems checks for all IT aspects (physical, virtual, power,
redundancy, connectivity etc...) only to have something fail the next
day (so it really paid off!) and then nothing has broken since?...Just
goes to show you never know!

Also recently upgraded my personal Ubuntu server to a RAID 6 from a
RAID 5 (about a week ago) and now it looks like one of the drives is
dying, again, just in time!

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and 9 others...?