[CentOS] 194 Kernel Panic; 164 is Fine; How Do I Debug?

Steve Brooks steveb at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 17:13:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

I had an issue with this kernel upgrade too. All worked fine until the
194 Kernel then hung on boot on 4 machines all with identical
motherboards. All had USB keyboards, when replaced with PS2 keyboards all
worked fine! What is to blame? - motherboard, kernel or keyboard.. I have
no idea.

I have also seen similar hangs on boot with asrock motherboards and there
crazy version of a VGA slot that only too certain cards. Does you machine
have an onboard graphics adapter you could try booting with?

Steve

--
Dr Stephen Brooks

http://www-solar.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/