[CentOS] amazon ec2 and centos?

Johnny Tan

linuxweb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 23:32:21 UTC 2010

Searching through the archives, it seems this topic has come up
several times in the past 2.5 years. Did anyone ever take on the
tasks of creating an official CentOS AMI?

We're currently using the RightScale ones, but I think it'd be ideal
to have a clean CentOS AMI with the current kernels.

Karanbir, you seem to have been the one on CentOS side who has had
the most conversations with Amazon. Is that conversation dead?

If we had a small committee with members from this list, would that
help in any way? Ranging from doing the bundling work, to utilizing
our account reps within Amazon to help us push this along?

johnny