[CentOS] Booting into a shell and skipping init

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 20:01:36 UTC 2010

And given that the xen kernel is not a Linux kernel but rather that centos
is just dom0 so I'm not sure that init argument would do what the OP wanted
anyway...

Sent from Android mobile

On Jun 9, 2010 6:24 PM, "Stephen Harris" <lists at spuddy.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to boot into the shell of a XenServer 5.6 (I believe CentOS
> 5.5 underneath). I added...
XenServer 5.6 is based on CentOS 5.4

  [root at penfold ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
  XenServer release 5.6.0-31188p (xenenterprise)
  [root at penfold ~]# rpm -q centos-release
  centos-release-5-4.el5.centos.1

Aren't you better off taking XenServer questions to the Citrix forums?
For example, the XenServer boot process uses extlinux and not grub;
here's an area where XenServer diverges from CentOS and so you may get
better answers from the correct support forum.

--

rgds
Stephen