[CentOS] Intel ICH10R on CentOS 5.4

nate

centos at linuxpowered.net
Wed Jun 9 23:44:32 UTC 2010

Hey there..

I was wondering if anyone could share experiences they have had
with the Intel ICH10R SATA controller? I tried looking around
but all I could find were RAID references, I have no interest
in using the RAID functionality just basic SATA JBOD. Wondering
if there are any gotchas for performance, drivers, quality etc.

I normally don't touch anything that is not hardware RAID though
this is a special project.. And even if I get demo gear I won't
have enough time to put it through real paces(likely need weeks)
before a decision needs to be made.

I don't see anything that is causing alarm but just curious if
anyone else has experiences.

thanks

nate