[CentOS] cyrus-imapd, sendmail and delivering plus address formats

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jun 15 19:43:47 UTC 2010

Am 15.06.2010 20:55, schrieb James B. Byrne:

> CentOS-4.8
> cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-10
> sendmail-8.13.1-3.3
>
> I have a mail hub which uses cyrus-imap with sendmail  It has worked
> well for us on this and prior hosts going back to 1995.  And, I do
> not have a problem with the current setup.
>
> What I would like to do however, is to deliver plus-formatted e-mail
> addresses directly to users subfolders in their mailbox tree.  Such
> addresses take the form
> userid+subfolder+sub-subfolder at domainname.tld. How this is done I
> have not discovered. What I always get is an  ".Address Unknown"
> smtp error.

Are you tackling with that for over 1 year now?

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2009-April/074662.html

And do you really intend to address a sub-sub-folder? How about starting
to address to a direct subfolder of INBOX?

> I have gone to both the cyrus and the sendmail lists respecting this
> issue. While there is a lot of information there following any of it
> does not seem to lead me anywhere fruitful.

Which Sendmail list? I just know of mail.comp.sendmail on usenet. On the
cyrus-imapd mailing list I see no current posting.

But to come to your request. Unfortunately you provide zero detail about
your current Sendmail and Cyrus-IMAPd setup and their interaction. So
many questions on my side.

> Does anyone here run a sendmail/cyrus-imap combination on CentOS
> that has direct delivery into user mailbox subfolders using the plus
> address format working?  Is so, would you be so kind as to provide
> an outline of how this is done?

Pplease provide details about your current setup and we should be able
to nail it down. There is nothing special about the Sendmail and
Cyrus-IMAPd shipped with CentOS.

Regards

Alexander