[CentOS] Cacti/snmp question

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 15:14:43 UTC 2010

From: Whit Blauvelt <whit at transpect.com>
>> Then PNP will "automaticaly" plot these values... but
>> yes, if you have n values, you will get n graphs...
> So PNP is just automagical?

Let me rephrase: once properly setup, it will 'automagicaly' plot any new data... ^_^
In fact, I had a look at my notes and they are a little longer and more complex than what I remembered...
See http://docs.pnp4nagios.org/pnp-0.6/modes
Choose your data collection mode and then follow the install pages...
Basicaly: tell nagios to dump perf data and tell the npcd daemon to work on it...
I went with "Bulk Mode with NPCD", but with the new version they have:
Bulk Mode with npcdmod: "This scenario includes npcdmod.o, an NEB-module.
This module reduces the configuration of the “Bulk Mode with NPCD” to a mere two lines in nagios.cfg"
So maybe it will be easier... never tried it.
And for your security problem, here we password protect (htaccess) our web applications directories (nagios, cacti...)...

JD