[CentOS] yum force

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 17 12:47:34 UTC 2010

On 17/06/2010 13:36, Les Mikesell wrote:
> In this particular instance, is removing perl.i386 the right thing to do?  Are
> there any common situations where it would be used on an x86_64 system?

Removing perl.i386 is the way to go here. I don't personally know of any
situations where perl.i386 might have been required. Most people who are
building perl modules should be linking with and against the perl.x86_64
anyway ( even when doing builds against native libraries ).

There are some vendors who still hand out binaries that need perl.i386;
but in those cases, perl.i386 can be installed by name.

- KB