[CentOS] 5.5 & gspca

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 15:55:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 11:34 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Um, what's kernel-rt got to do with anything I said? And actually, the
> first server I'm trying to build this on is a Sunfire, but it's running
> Opterons, and the o/s is 64-bit. I also do *not* have any xen installed.
>
> Fine, I tried running
>  rpmbuild -ba --target=x86_64 --without xen video4linux-kmod.spec
> Building target platforms: x86_64
> Building for target x86_64
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>         kernel-xen-devel-x86_64 = 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5 is needed by
> video4linux-kmod-0.0-5.20090615.el5.elrepo.x86_64
>
> My last trick was to edit the stupid spec file, and comment out
> #%ifarch i686 x86_64
> #%define xenvar xen
> #%endif
> and it *still* wants to build for xen.
>
> No, the rpmbuild is not correct. So, back to the original, of trying to
> figure out just what kernel modules I need to install, rather than the
> laundry list it correctly builds when I drop the rpm, and build from the
> blown-out tarfile.
---
Wrong the rpm build will *WORK* I promise it will if done correct with
out the other cruft..  You did not read the rest of the threads?  Ned
showed how to do it the right way.

rpmbuild -ba  --target=i686 --define 'kvariants "put kvariant_here"'
video4linux-kmod.spec

knownvariants=@(BOOT|PAE|@(big|huge)mem|debug|enterprise|kdump|? \
(large)smp|uml| xen[0U]?(-PAE)|xen)

--target=x86_64  if you have 64 bit..

And it works on the main CentOS Kernel also this way,,,just tried it for
the hell of it.

And you ask what does kernel-rt have to do with it?  Read the posts with
the disclaimer.

John