[CentOS] Migrating away from Nagios

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Jun 21 14:24:35 UTC 2010

On 20/06/2010 10:20, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>> of but dont seem keen on moving it forward. Which has the affect that
>> everything on the management side ends up being point and click on a web
>> interface ~ massive waste of time and counter productive.
>>

> Care to talk a bit more about this? What do you need more?

I'd like the monitoring and tracking app to integrate with my
provisioning and management stack of apps. So if there was a good usable
api, I would be able to add and remote monitors, take actions based on
triggers from Zabbix and be able to do all this dynamically ( or via
code from within the management stack ). I'll tell you one thing though
- whatever Zabbix has right now, broken and dis-functional - its a world
better than generating nagios templates using perl and having to call
service nagios relaod all the time.

> Wasn't the 64bit counter fixed/added already?

its got nothing to do with 64bit counters, its how the backend storage
stuff is handled.

-KB

PS: try trimming your replies a bit!