[CentOS] [DRBD-user] Kernel independent DRBD packages for RHEL, CentOS and Scientific Linux

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 21:13:58 UTC 2010

On 6/21/2010 2:35 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Am 21.06.10 20:45, schrieb Joseph L. Casale:
>>> http://dev.centos.org/testing/ tells me something else (and yes, this
>>> time they will go into extras).
>>
>> Well, we talked about it for some time and I never saw an update to
>> the effort someone made (my bad? I must have missed that). Couple
>> this with the concerns posted by Dag that motivated him to step in,
>> are we to assume this effort is here to stay or on the chopping block
>> as per new direction spoke about in Dags email?
>
> I will keep the 8.3.x line updated in extras, as I cannot expect users
> to switch repos for packages we began offering. And yes, I was a bit
> sloppy with getting those packages into extras.

Wouldn't it be even better to offer identical packages with coordinated
updates so as to not have conflicts for people that might have both
repos enabled?  Or is there some difference in functionality?  I think
I've noticed a few things that were installed from extras update from
epel already

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com