[CentOS] Migrating away from Nagios

Andres Lucena andreslucena at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 18:04:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 6:53 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> On 6/21/10, Jane Curry <jane.curry at skills-1st.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> If you want further help, please ask!
>>

> Havwe you tried Zabbix, the NextGen NMS?

+1 to Zabbix

LAMP software, agent for all plataforms, script friendly, SNMP, IPMI,
all the letters you'll need. And maps; oh and I forgot a little
detail... Do you like graphs?? Well, out of the box, working beautiful
graphs, and everything is configured through the Web-GUI. Also you can
do export/import (XML format) and lots of magic, even in the new
version there is an API.

So, I would use Zabbix, it replaced both Nagios+Munin+MRTG in the work
where I am right now. I LOVE GRAPHS!; and also if you want, you can
have Enterprise support.

Regards,
Andres