[CentOS] please help: How to copy all files under the folder

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jun 23 17:03:47 UTC 2010

ann kok wrote:

> There are some soft/hard link. symoblic link files/folder under the top
> folder
>
> How to copy all files under this top folder?

Perhaps you might think about what it is you need help doing, and then
come back and tell us what the problem is. What you say, above, is that
Linux has soft links, and hard links, and you don't seem to understand the
difference, nor what you want to move, from where, to where, and why.

And this isn't Windows (tm) - we have directories, not folders....

           mark "and that described the file structure better, too"