[CentOS] Centos 5.5 on a Toshiba Satellite L1500D - Wireless networking - Realtek 8172

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Jun 27 04:38:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 19:28 -0700, Mark wrote:
> You could try to
> contact RealTek to see if they have a solution, or check for a
> compatible driver online....

Having spent most of the afternoon running google searches and reading
resulting web pages, I get the impression that the Realtek 8172 is
supported in the 2.6.32 kernel.  So maybe it'll work with RHEL/Centos 6
when it comes around.

In the meantime, I think I'm out of luck.  The ndiswrapper solution
appears to be unstable with this Realtek thing (according to what I've
read) so I don't think that's a solution either.