[CentOS] Upgrading MySQLdb

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Mon Jun 28 16:24:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:48:48AM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:

> >> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 09:49:21AM -0400, Jim Perrin wrote:
> >>
> > No, the fact that your ability to 'yum update' and have the right thing
> > happen is broken is a big problem regardless of who/where you ask for
> > help.  Even if you break it yourself, it is bad that it is broken.
>
> As much as I would rather do something myself, at times, Les is right. If
> you get a job offer somewhere else, suddenly, think of the next person who
> has to maintain this.

That's why I always thoroughly log all stuff installed by hand, along with
extra configuration steps taken with RPM-installed items, and make sure the
log's someplace where the next person can find it. In our case we maintain
wikis for this sort of thing. It would be nice if there were a standard for
where such notes should be left on the systems themselves. Not aware that
there is one, though.

Whit