[CentOS] CentOS MD RAID 1 on Openfiler iSCSI

Emmanuel Noobadmin

centos.admin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:13:21 UTC 2010

Has anybody tried or knows if it is possible to create a MD RAID1
device using networked iSCSI devices like those created using
OpenFiler?

The idea I'm thinking of here is to use two OpenFiler servers with
physical drives in RAID 1, to create iSCSI virtual devices and run
CentOS guest VMs off the MD RAID 1 device. Since theoretically, this
setup would survive both a single physical drive failure as well as a
machine failure on the storage side with a much shorter failover time
than say using heartbeat.

Or is this yet another stupid idea again from me? :D