[CentOS] CentOS MD RAID 1 on Openfiler iSCSI

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 08:09:23 UTC 2010

On 6/29/10, Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> raid1/iscsi if you have a single host accessing the data or gluster if
> you have more than one host accessing the data...

This is starting to look really complicated with NCP Storage units on
zfs -> iscsi to gluster unit ext3 since gluster doesn't do zfs ->
multiple application host.

Wouldn't using both ncp/zfs with gluster be redundant since gluster
does cluster storage to begin with?

I think I might be overcomplicating things here.

Reading up more on gluster, it seems that I could simply put a gluster
client on the application server, mount a volume mirrored on from two
gluster servers and let gluster handle the failover transparently.